Skip to main content

What is the dark side of being an airhostess?

  • Your holistic time changes means you need to get up at a time which your flight demands. If your flight is 3 in the morning you need to report at 2. Sometimes the flight times are odd like 3 in midnight. It is really disturbing at times because this profession disturbs your sleeping pattern
  • You don't get much holidays means there are no specific holidays example in a normal business there is holiday on Sunday but in aviation business you don't get holidays on specific day or festivals like Diwali , holi or raksha bandan. (You get sick leaves in aviation but for specific leaves you need to report earlier )
  • Sometimes the passengers get too aggressive with air hostess. Example I saw in a interview where a passenger asked for a drink multiple times. Air hostess catered to her need but when she knew she can't provide more drink to passenger. She denied but the passenger behaved aggressively shouting at air hostess.
  • Air hostess have to become guardian for passengers till air hostess are in flight. If any passenger falls sick or anything major happens than air hostess are responsible to handle it.
  • Sometimes passengers try to misbehave with air hostess as well. Passengers sometimes stare at air hostess in vulgar way.
  • Air hostess had to listen to passengers when they press call button. Sometimes passengers prank with air hostess by pressing the yellow call light again and again.
  • Further there is huge importance of dress code in aviation business that air hostess need to strictly abide by. Air hostess make up, hairstyles, code of conduct everything comes as a part of their job.
  • Last but not the least air hostess need to maintain decorum in the plane. They need to serve food at specific intervals , clean the mess of food. And also provide water when the passengers wants.

There are various perks of being air hostess like good income , travelling for free , reservation of hotels but everything has pros and cons

(Image reference : Google )

Source : Ritu Aggarwal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which job is better, RBI Grade B or IAS, in terms of job, political pressure and transfers, etc.?

Ok, although i am neither but i have seen few things which makes me eligible to answer this, at least in my opinion. My Husband in RBI- No need for intro, quora community knows him. My grandfather- Late M.P.N. Singh (pic below) was MLA and one of initial founding member of BJP. ( Pic of Hon’ble HM is not for any reference, its from a recent newspaper clip) My Father-in-law’s uncle- Mr. Narendra Singh Sisodia,IAS (1968) (pic below) who worked as a Secretary in Mr. Chidambaram’s tenure as FM. So, i have seen all of them working during last 30 years. I can say. RBI- Less pressure, no political intervention. I am from a family which comes from a cult RSS background and hoard of local politicians can be seen at our home. They just get confused about what my husband does. The funny part is , they don’t even dare to ask as they are too overwhelmed by the mystic-complicated nature of his work. All they can manage to say that RBI to sab bank ka malik hai (RBI is the owner of all banks) which i...

Can any SSC aspirant show study room photos?

My lovely wife takes care of my study table. She doesn't jumble my books and notes. I am grateful to her. A neat and tidy table helps me in studying for longer hours without interruption. I've started preparing 3 months back and aiming for few exams in coming time, SSC being one of them. Sharing a picture with her when she bought few plants for the study table in order to increase my productivity and positivity while I am at it. To be honest, I get all the positivity and motivation just by looking her put these efforts. Thank you. Source : Rohit Kumar Fagna

Did you accidentally see something on someone's phone that you shouldn't have seen?

Not on mobile, but on laptop. I have a female friend who was new to the city in those days and lived alone in a flat. I met her in college. We often used to meet, chat a lot and then go on weekends due to our good friendship. Once I reached to meet her. She had made pakodas, etc., we ate and started talking. In talk, she told that her laptop has become defective, and asked me where to fix the laptop. Since I had experience of computer software, I started to find out the disease of the laptop itself. After investigation, I suggested that it would be better if the software is formatted and re-inserted into the computer. She obeyed me. Before formatting the laptop's hard disk, we both sat together and started backing up the necessary files. Finally I started to open the recycle bin and what I saw there were very personal things: There were a lot of nude and semi-nude pictures of her, in which she took photos while trying out some new underwear. It was not right to look in front of her...